Watermelon Fruit Boat - Perfect for the 4th of July!
Rich in flavonoids - super-antioxidants, which may help prevent damage to tissues and reduce the risks of age-related illnesses. You will get lots of fiber too, which helps reduce inflammation and cholesterol keeping your digestive system running smoothly.
You will need:
One large Watermelon cut in half. Save half for later or do two!
A sharp knife if you want to carve sides --
A melon ball utensil - 2 sizes - one on each end
A pint each of different fruits - ones you love. I recommend those that will not fall apart or overwhelm: Blueberries, blackberries, grapes, strawberries.
1/2 of a cantaloupe, 1/2 honeydew melon and 1 orange
1) Start with your half watermelon.. using the melon ball utensil, keep making balls, big and small and put them in another bowl until you have gotten as much as you need.
2) Scrape out the half melon as you would when carving a pumpkin and then carve a design in the edge or just do an easy zig-zag design.
3) Your bowl is now ready to fill with colorful healthy fruit. Keep making melon balls and adding the other washed and ready fruit until you fill the boat. I always have some extra ready to refill if it goes too fast and you have lots of people to please. Happy 4th!
Soothing Aloe Spray
1) Get 1 - 8 oz spay bottle
2) Fill 1/2 or little less with aloe vera gel
3) Add 8 drops each of Essential oils of
Peppermint and Lavendar and
4) Top the bottle up with distilled water.
Can't stand the chemical bug sprays? Make your own!
For mosquitos and flies, I use a spray bottle with distilled water and essential oils of citronella and lavendar, seems to work just fine so far! Let me know if these easy remedies work for you.
Marie's Coaching News
NEW VITAL WELLNESS DIVISION LAUNCHED: Are you looking for new ideas for your wellness programs at work? Food as Medicine Demos, Stress Relief with Desk-side Meditation techniques? Perhaps Focus and Energy Snacking or creating a Garden footprint for your local foodbank? We even offer retreat health breaks for your team or board and much more. Let us help you fill the gaps. Subscribe to the Coaching Center of Vermont Newsletter and.. learn more here.
INDIVIDUAL HEALTH COACHING
Summer is a great time to think about a few strategy sessions for the breakthrough you have been yearning for. If you are struggling with energy and balance in your life, digestive issues and inflammation, contact me for a free consultation to determine the best way to meet your goals - fill out a health history form at my website and I will contact you to schedule a phone consultation in July. Have a wonderful summer! MarieFrohlich.com --- co-creating health from the heart.